December 3, 2007

i'm a real runner!

Wow, I didn't realize how many readers we had out there that would be excited to hear how we did! Thanks so much! Ok, I'll let the other girls share their experience, but here's mine.

2:22:44 was my time. If I'm doing the math correctly, that is a little less than an 11 min. mile pace (by just a tad). I am EXTREMELY happy with this time. The race course was great, a very easy course for us first timers, in my opinion. Candace and I ran the entire race without stopping, which was another of our goals. Slow and steady the whole way! We powered up one hill towards the end of mile 11, which I was really proud of.

I have to tell everyone that Candace really kicked it in gear at mile 12 and left me in the dust - I was so proud of her! (She won't tell you this out of humilty and I hope she doesn't mind me telling you, but she had such drive, it was inspiring!)

This experience has meant a lot to me. Setting your sight on a goal and achieving it feels wonderful. Being a part of the running community is wonderful. Carrying on the family tradition for my Dad who was a GREAT runner (much faster than I'll ever be!) is wonderful. Setting a great example for fitness to my kiddos is wonderful. I could go on and on, but enough said. The longer I sit in the chair, the harder it's gonna be to get out!

2 comments:

in summary... said...

Kim,
Thank you for your constant encouragement and dedication to our running group. I appreciate you and your kind heart. I am so glad that we have gotten to know each other, and pray our friendship will continue to grow. You are a wonderful sister in Christ!

Teri

Anonymous said...

To my favorite pacer....
It has been so fun geting to know you so well. You have been a huge source of encouragement to me. I LOVED our running conversations- you are a dear friend already! Thank you for putting up with all my running chatter and complaints =). You are comitted, you love the Lord and are oh so fun- things i love about you and learn from! to our future running careers! C