November 12, 2007

Are we there yet?

Today was our second eight mile run. I am amazed at our ability now to run eight miles (without stopping!). If you were to tell me ten years ago I would be training for a half marathon, I would have told you that you were crazy. It is amazing what good friends, fellowship, and dedication can do for a person. I want to tell you ladies, although I feel like a slacker for not physically running next to you, having you out there with me is motivating. I am so thankful for you both.

Today I was talking with our "coach" about dinner the night before the race as well as what we should do that morning. He told me that they ate at an Olive Garden in Tucson the night before the race, and he gave me some tips for what we should eat. I am so thankful for him and his willingness to share his expert advice with us.

I don't know about you girls, but when I start thinking about the race my stomach feels queasy, and I start getting nervous. However, they say a little bit of nervousness is helpful. I am to the point where I am ready to "get it over with." Not like the race is a bad thing, I am looking forward to the experience.

Have a great week girls! Happy running.

No comments: