November 6, 2007

so proud

Our training has reached the point of no return. Last night we ran 8 miles with the company of our "trainer," a seasoned marathon runner who gave us sage advice and nice conversation. He suggested a "out and back" route, which we all agreed was good mentally. There is something about getting to the 1/2 way point, turning around and running the way in which you came that SEEMS shorter. I say SEEMS, because that run was still long.

Looking back, we may have started off a little too fast, but still managed to finish strong without stopping. As the long runs get longer, the more nervous I become! Yesterday, I must have got anxious thinking about "8 miles" at least 10 times. I'm so proud that we are attempting this instead of letting the scariness of it get the best of us. We've done 8 miles now, then 9 and then we're onto the 1/2 marathon! Our dedication will pay off! No fear, ladies, we will do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just reading your blog gives me sweaty palms. Again! Just thinking about having running anxiety gets me all worked up =). Ugh! Hopefully this too will pass?

On the positive...WE DID IT!