August 30, 2007

details, details, details

Every time us girls get together I realize that there is so much we still need to figure out. Little details. Maybe I am way over-analyzing this running thing, but I want to be prepared. At least, as prepared as I can be.

One of our more recent discussions was on the race itself and what we plan on actually doing while we run. I mean, besides running.

Kim informed us that she would be listening to her ipod. She would not be talking. No way, no how.

I, Candace, completely agreed with her. To talk while one runs is begging for a side ache. Besides the fact that I would be sharing what limited oxygen I will be gulping down with my vital organs. No thank you. My lips will be sealed tight- with maybe a periodic grunt here and there. I love to encourage others so this might be difficult; especially in a race setting where we will need all the cheering on we can get. I will have to try the mental form.

The night we discussed this, I didn't remember Teri or Kristin verbalizing their plans. However, I do remember Teri once telling me that when she runs at the gym (daily at 5 am!) she doesn't listen to music. She uses that time to pray. I was so amazed and awestruck. The only time I ever pray while I am running is to beg God to miraculously let me be at my mileage goal. And sadly, I am a pastor's wife.

I asked Teri last night what her plan was and she too is doing the ipod thing during the race.

Darn it. I was hoping she would keep praying. I had some requests. For the race.

3 comments:

in summary... said...

Hi Candace! I'll probably take breaks from the ipod to complain, though. Ha Ha. Just kidding. We may need to talk a little to keep motivated, as the ipod can never replace friends! Also, I may practice running without it on some longer runs as well to see how that is. You never know..

Anonymous said...

That was Kim, by the way.. I'm still on the learning curve regarding comments, posting, etc.

Anonymous said...

awe....i'll be praying for you...