September 7, 2007

online running tool

Breakingthetape.com is a fun website where you can register for free and record your running workouts on a personal graph. Calculates your pace automatically and creates bar and line graphs of your workouts to help you evaluate your progress. If you are like me, you keep track of your daily mileage, for the most part, but this program will put it all together.

Really simple to do and I am looking forward to seeing where I am by the end of the year. Sure beats my lazy calendar jotting.

I didn't start keeping track until 3 months into my running, then I didn't run for 2 months because of all my hiking/trail running, finally subract 2 months out due to a stress fracture in June & July, and it all chalks up to only 71 miles. So not quite accurate on my part, but I am going to keep detailed record now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a blog site. You have great goals.

Amy and I blog together about ordinary running and will enjoy following your progress.

Keep up the great work and keep posting.

in summary... said...

Thanks Tom- checked out your blog too- very helpful and informative for us newbies!