September 29, 2007

never say never

Okay. So I thought I wouldn't be able to run and talk simultaneously. I was wrong. Sort of.

Since Kim and I frequent the same gym we have begun to coordinate our longer runs on the treadmill. We ran 5 miles together last Thursday and it was very momentous for me: the ever first run that I didn't use my ipod for any period. How could this be? Because Kim talked to me the entire time (and I thought she couldn't talk and run either!). Let me tell you, she can talk and it is wonderfully amazing.

I, on the other hand, can talk using one to three word exclamations such as "cool" and "that's so awesome." If I try to speak in longer sentences, which I do attempt, to carry my weight of the conversation, they come out a little more choppy and disjointed. Thankfully, Kim still understands.

All I know is that carrying on a convo while running makes time speed up along with some good girl bonding. Even it is one-sided. Poor Kim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too kind! Thanks for the compliment. It's fun to run and for both of us to try and speak and make sense. Looking forward to more out of breath conversations - ha ha!